InterDigital: Live from Mobile World Congress 2019
Stop by Hall 7, Booth 7C61 any time to meet with our world-class engineers, engage with our demos, and see what's activating the next generation of wireless and video experiences. We'll be showcasing ground-breaking demonstrations, including Edge Computing (5G-CORAL and AdvantEDGE), 5G Testbeds (Network and Radio), 5G Standards and Beyond, and Immersive Video and Video Standards.
Don’t miss our daily “CREATORS at MWC” panel series designed to move us to the extreme edges of the network and the brink of our collective imaginations. We’ve assembled some of the best and the brightest industry thought leaders -- representing China Mobile, European Broadcasting Union, Ericsson, FLAME, Mimesys, Network2030, Nokia, Open Edge Computing, Samsung, US PAWR, Technicolor, Telenor, Vodafone, 5G VINNI, 5G Smart Tourism, 5TONIC and others – to spark fresh ideas in-person and via webcast at InterDigital.com. Our studio stage will also feature interviews and discussions with media partners, including Light Reading, The Mobile Network, TelecomTV and Digital TV Europe.
CREATORS at MWC19 Panel Series
Live from Hall 7, Booth 7C61
Immersive Video: Augmenting the View
Feb. 25, 2019 at 11:30 AM CET
- Valerie Allié, Technical Area Leader, Light Field and Photonics, Technicolor
- Rémi Rousseau, CEO, Mimesys
- Dr. Ralf Schaefer, Director, Video Division, Fraunhofer HHI
How Far Can Edge Computing Take Us to a New Network Architecture?
Feb. 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM CET
- Dr. Rolf Schuster, Director, Open Edge Computing Initiative
- Laurent Depersin, Director Research and Innovation HOME Lab, Technicolor
- Arturo Azcorra, Director of IMDEA and VP and Co-Founder, 5TONIC
- Todd Spraggins, Strategy Director, Communications Global Business Unit, Oracle
- Dirk Trossen, Sr. Principal Engineer, InterDigital and FLAME Technical Manager
How Will Open Source Play a Role in the Evolving 5G Ecosystem?
Feb. 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM CET
- Raymond Knopp, President, OpenAirInterface Software Alliance
- Chih-Lin I, Chief Scientist, Wireless Technologies, CMRI, China Mobile
- Abhimanyu Gosain, Technical Program Director, Northeastern University College of Engineering and Strategic Member, OSA
- Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking & Orchestration + Edge/IOT, Linux Foundation
- Fred Schreider, Sr. Director, Engineering, InterDigital
Moderated by Axel Ferrazzini, Managing Director, 4iP Council
5G Network Trials: What Are All the Verticals Doing?
Feb. 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM CET
- Dan Warren, Head of 5G Research at Samsung R&D Institute (5GVINNI)
- Darko Ratkaj, Senior Project Manager, European Broadcasting Union
- Gael Seydoux, Director, Research and Innovation, Technicolor
- Monique Calisti, CEO, Martel Innovate and Director, Next Generation Internet Outreach Office (FLAME)
- Jim Burgess, Bristol City Council 5G Programme Lead
Beyond 5G: What is Coming Next?
Feb. 27, 2019 at 3:30 PM CET
- Patrick Waldemar, Vice President Research, Telenor
- Colin Willcock, Head of Radio Network Standardization, Nokia and Chairman, 5G-PPP 5G-IA
- Mostafa Essa, RAN AI and Data Analytics Distinguished Engineer, Vodafone
- Abhimanyu Gosain, Technical Program Director Northeastern University and Technical Program Director of US PAWR
- Ravikumar Pragada, Sr. Principal Engineer, InterDigital
MWC MAIN STAGE
Hear from InterDigital senior leaders, Alan Carlton and Jim Nolan, on the MWC main stage.
|MWC Main Stage Featuring InterDigital Executives|
|Tuesday, February 26th||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.||5G Deployment in High-Frequency Bands are Uneconomic
Alan Carlton, Vice President, InterDigital Labs
|Tuesday, February 26th||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Cashing in on Industrial Data Conference
Jim Nolan, Executive Vice President, InterDigital
Learn what’s on the leading edge, leading up to mass 5G proliferation and activation in 2021 and beyond.
Stop by any time to meet with our world-class engineers, engage with our demos, and see what’s activating the next generation of wireless. We’ll be showcasing ground-breaking demonstrations, including Edge Computing (5G-CORAL and AdvantEDGE), 5G Testbeds (Network and Radio), 5G Standards and Beyond, and Immersive Video and Video Standards, and there will be plenty in-store to excite your senses, including daily live music, featuring The Mañaners.
InterDigital Booth Demonstrations
- 5G Edge –Autonomous Drones on AdvantEDGE
- 5G-CORAL -- Virtual Reality Video Streaming
- 5G Core Network Testbeds
- 5G Radio Access Testbeds
- 360° Video Experience with Adaptive Streaming
- Beyond 5G Standards Evolution
- Volumetric Photobooth
- oneTRANSPORT® Data Marketplace
- Smart City, a System of Systems