Many 5G trials are currently undertaken in preparation for the rollout and start of 5G throughout 2019 with a focus on showcasing the higher speeds that 5G originally promised. But the wider industry is also looking beyond those promises towards verticals such as media broadcast, transportation, rural rollouts and others but also preparing towards future beyond 5G efforts with experimentally driven research platforms. In this panel, we will bring together deployment insights from broadcasters, neutral host providers such as smart cities as well as European efforts on large-scale 5G trials and international efforts on large-scale wireless research platforms. We will discuss the approaches taken for trial deployments, e.g., based on white box approaches, as well as the use cases considered in those trials to shed light on what is there beyond an enhanced Mobile Broadband 5G Trial.
- Dan Warren, Head of 5G Research at Samsung R&D Institute (5GVINNI)
- Darko Ratkaj, Senior Project Manager, European Broadcasting Union
- Gael Seydoux, Director, Research and Innovation, Technicolor
- Monique Calisti, CEO, Martel Innovate and Director, Next Generation Internet Outreach Office (FLAME)
- Jim Burgess, Bristol City Council 5G Programme Lead