InterDigital IoT Meets Athletics at IoT Korea Exhibition 2015
Internet of Things (IoT) technology will be significant in many ways. One benefit of IoT technology is to help relieve some of the daily pressures and make life a little easier. Last week at the IoT Korea Exhibition 2015, InterDigital demonstrated how IoT could assist athletes as well as attendees on the day of a sporting event.
A lot of information is available on the day of a sporting event that can already be collected by IoT devices and uploaded to cloud-based storage. Information such as an athlete’s health, transportation to the event, stadium information and more. If only all this data could be made easily available and accessible to app developers, an app could be developed to alleviate stress and improve the overall experience.
Storing data on a standards-based platform such as InterDigital’s oneMPOWER™ IoT platform, enables application developers to spend more time dreaming up new apps and less time worrying about where to find the data, how is it formatted, and how to access it.
Take a closer look at each use case and application for the oneMPOWER IoT platform presented at IoT Korea Exhibition 2015:
- oneMPOWER IoT Platform —Explore this overview of the oneMPOWER IoT platform.
- Easy Applications — Discover how the oneMPOWER IoT solution App Developers Kit (ADK) powered by ThingWorx supports a powerful "drag and drop" Mashup Builder.
- IoT Mash-Up – Learn how the oneMPOWER platform can be used to develop horizontal mash-up applications.
- Building Automation — Discover how the oneMPOWER IoT platform can be interworked with existing networking technologies such as Systech's Z-Wave home and building automation gateway solution.
- Personal Connected Health - See how the oneMPOWER IoT platform is used to enable a Continua Alliance certified personal connected health solution from Lamprey Networks, Inc. with oneM2M services.
- oneTRANSPORT™ IoT Solution – Learn the key role that the oneMPOWER IoT platform is serving in the EU funded project.
- Advanced Features — Get a peek into the advanced features for the oneMPOWER IoT platform that InterDigital is working on in its lab.
What’s up next? InterDigital will demonstrate its oneMPOWER IoT platform at the ETSI M2M Workshop 2015 featuring oneM2M on December 9-11, 2015 in Sophia Antipolis, France. The workshop will be focused on ETSI’s standardization for M2M as well as Smart Cities and Smart Living.
For more on InterDigital’s work in IoT, please visit the vault.