XCellAir in the News: Operators Miss $6.7bn managed Wi-Fi Opportunity
Operators have the potential to miss a $6.7 billion opportunity from consumer interest in paid-for managed Wi-Fi. This warning comes from InterDigital’s XCellAir, an expert in Wi-Fi Quality of Experience (QoE), based on their findings from a new survey of 1,000 consumers each in the US and UK. The $6.7 billion opportunity comes from revenue lost from consumers willing to pay for managed Wi-Fi services (estimated $3.3 billion) and OPEX savings from a reduction in helpline calls and engineer visits (estimated up to $3.4 billion).
XCellAir released this result and several other significant findings from the survey on Tuesday, and there has been a tremendous amount of media attention surrounding the findings throughout this week. Check out just some of the media coverage below:
- Vanilla Plus: “Operators to miss US$6.7bn opportunity from consumer demand for managed Wi-Fi, says XCellAir research”
- The Fast Mode: Managed Wi-Fi Represent $6.7bn Opportunity for Telcos: Report
- Information Age: Operators missing out from consumer demand from managed Wi-Fi
- Total Telecom: Managed WiFi services worth up to $6.7bn to telcos
- Global Telecoms Business: Operators missing out on $6.7bn managed Wifi opportunity
- Light Reading: Operators Miss $6.7B Managed WiFi Opportunity, Claims XCellAir
- Telecoms.com: $6.7 billion managed wifi opportunity said to be squandered
- TelecomTV: WiFi management as a service: an XaaS whose time has come?
- CED: Are Managed WiFi Services a Huge Missed Opportunity for Operators?
XCellAir also recently announced the launch of its Wi-Fi Advisor, a free tool which helps ISPs and operators to determine the Wi-Fi service customers need in order to provide reliable Wi-Fi performance throughout the home.
Click here for more on the consumer survey or for more information on XCellAir, click this link!